Customer Advisory: VBS RULES CLARIFICATION
27 OCTOBER 2015
VBS has been in operation for 15 weeks and we are happy with the implementation process so far. However, with volumes about to pick up, we would like to clarify some rules that we will be strictly enforcing from Monday 9th November. These rules will be fixed in our system and can’t be bypassed, this is to ensure we can achieve what we set out to with VBS — match truck arrivals with terminal capacity and reduce the potential for congestion during the next peak export season.
- Only containers held at or being delivered to the port on Breakwater Road should be booked through VBS. A number of bookings for Thames St (empty depot) and NZL/UCL are being made through VBS. It is the transport operator’s responsibility to obtain the correct address and incorrect bookings will still be chargeable.
- If you arrive more than 20 minutes before your booking starts, you will be asked to leave the container terminal. For example if your booking is from 13.00 – 13.59hrs and you arrive at the port at 12.35 you will be asked to leave.
- If you arrive at the Port more than 20 minutes after your booking ends, you will need to make another booking and will receive a $100 penalty fee for a no-show. For example if your booking is from 13.00 – 13.59hrs and you arrive at the port at 14.21 you will be charged $100 and will need to rebook.
- Empty containers such as sale, open tops, flat racks or half heights going through the port on Breakwater Road do require VBS bookings. If the flat racks or half heights are nested (bundled) a VBS appointment is only required for the base (bottom) unit. To ascertain which is the base unit please contact the depot on 06 833 4472.
- All full Port Pack boxes, regardless of delivery or pick up, require a VBS booking. All other Port Pack transactions do not require a VBS booking.
- All VBS bookings must be ‘confirmed’, by adding a container number 20 minutes before the start of the booking or ’time zone’. For example, a booking in time zone 9 would need confirming by 8.40hrs. Failure to confirm the transaction will automatically result in the booking being cancelled and will incur a $100 penalty fee.
We understand transport operators are not always getting timely information from shippers. As a result, we will allow confirmed bookings to be edited and manifested right through the current time zone until 1 minute before the next time zone starts. However, from Monday 9th November 2015, you will not be able to cancel confirmed bookings during the time zone. Once the time zone commences failure to use the booking will generate a no show and the $100 penalty fee will be incurred.
If you need clarification around the rules, they are available on our website. if you have any questions please contact Andrew Donnelly 06 833 4570.
Container Terminal Manager